Week of November 29, 2020
WELCOME VISITORS! If you are visiting with us today for the first time, we are so glad you chose to join us! We would love to help you take the next step in getting connected to our church family and our ministries. It’s as easy as texting new2hcc to 97000. See Liz Ashby for information.
- Sunday School Reopening – HavenKids is meeting twice a month with combined age groups. Kids from the same family will stay together. We will be utilizing both classrooms on the café side of the church and drop off is at the beginning of church as parents make their way to the sanctuary. Space is limited to 15 children. You can register starting at 10:00am on Monday November 30th for our Sunday December 6th session at https://bit.ly/3nLoHzC
- Facing a Crisis? – You Don’t Have to Face Your Crisis Alone. One of Haven Community Church’s trained, caring Stephen Ministers will listen and walk alongside you as you deal with life’s challenges. Contact one of our Stephen Leaders to see whether Stephen Ministry is the answer for you. Donna Whigham, Joanna Shea, Ron Frederick or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Angel Tree – The Angel Tree program provides Christmas gifts for local children need. This year due to Covid, you can either pick an Angel off the tree at Church or pick an Angel online at HavenCC.org. Each Angel is numbered and provides the age and gift wish(es) of a local child. All gifts will need to be wrapped with the Angel # on the package and collected on Sunday, December 6th either before church or one hour following church. Thank you in advance for your support of these children. Contact Marge Turner at 302-388-4000 or email@example.com for more info.
- Operation Christmas Child Update – Thank you to everyone who contributed to Operation Christmas Child. Through your generosity, we will impact the lives of 186 children, letting them know that Jesus loves them.
- GriefShare – Grieving the Loss of Someone close to you? With their death, your life has
been changed forever. The daily emotions and challenges can seem too hard to bear, particularly during the current pandemic. GriefShare experts offer helpful insights on how to cope with current social restrictions and anxieties, and what Scriptures to turn to for guidance during this 13 week series. You can join the sessions at any time. Join us at 6:30pm starting on January 18th via Zoom and in person.( Following the guidelines mandated by the State of Maryland.) Contact Donna Whigham at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Thanksgiving Meals – HHH would like to thank our church family for all their donations and service for this years Thanksgiving Food drive. With your generous donations we were able to provide 177 meals to families in our community , we also were able to provide 18 turkeys to the NE VFW and 12 to the Elkton Help Center.
Above all “Give Thanks to the Lord, for He is good. “