Need space for a wedding, funeral, or other event? Our facility may suit your needs.
Statement of Purpose
The church’s facilities were provided through God’s benevolence and by the sacrificial generosity of church members. The church desires that its facilities be used for the fellowship of the Body of Christ and always to God’s glory. Although the facilities are not generally open to the public, we make our facilities available to approved non-member persons and groups as a witness to our faith, in a spirit of Christian charity, and as a means of demonstrating the Gospel of Jesus Christ in practice. However, facility use will not be permitted to persons or groups holding, advancing, or advocating beliefs, or advancing, advocating, or engaging in practices that conflict with the church’s faith or moral teachings, which are summarized in, among other places, the church’s constitution and bylaws. Nor may facilities be used for activities that contradict, or are deemed by the pastor as inconsistent with, or contrary to the church’s faith or moral teachings.
The pastor, or his official designee, is the final decision-maker on whether a person or group is allowed to use church facilities. This restricted facility use policy is necessary for two important reasons. First, the church may not in good conscience materially cooperate in activities or beliefs that are contrary to its faith. Allowing its facilities to be used for purposes that contradict the church’s beliefs would be material cooperation with that activity, and would be a grave violation of the church’s faith and religious practice. See 2 Corinthians 6:14; 1 Thessalonians 5:22. Second, it is very important to the church that it presents a consistent message to the community, which the church staff and members conscientiously maintain as part of their witness to the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
To allow facilities to be used by groups or persons who express beliefs or engage in practices contrary to the church’s faith would have a severe negative impact on the message that the church strives to promote. It could also be a source of confusion and scandal to church members and the community because they may reasonably perceive that by allowing use of our facilities, the church is in agreement with the beliefs or practices of the persons or groups using church facilities.
Therefore, in no event shall persons or groups who hold, advance, or advocate beliefs, or advance, advocate, or engage in practices that contradict the church’s faith use any church facility. Nor may facilities be used in any way that contradicts the church’s faith. This policy applies to all church facilities, regardless of whether the facilities are connected to the church’s sanctuary, because the church sees all of its property as holy and set apart to worship God. See Colossians 3:17.
Approved Users and Priority of Use
The lead facility trustee or official designee will be the primary contact, and must approve all uses of church facilities. Priority shall generally be given to members of the church, their immediate families, and organized groups that are part of the ministry, organization, or sponsored activities of the church. Church facilities and equipment will be made available to non-members or outside groups meeting the following qualifications:
- Groups or persons requesting facility use must affirm that their beliefs and practices and planned uses of the facilities are in harmony with the church’s faith and practice,
- The group or person seeking facility use must be willing to take responsibility for the facilities and equipment used and must agree to abide by the church’s rules of conduct for facility use, as stated below and as described in any additional instructions by church staff.
Facility Use Guideline
The attached guidelines are to be adhered to, or the event manger will be required to take action to rectify, or could be asked to terminate the event early.
- Alcohol Policy: No alcohol may be served in church facilities.
- Smoking Policy: Smoking is not permitted in the facility, nor on the church premises.
- Groups are restricted to only those areas of the facility that the group has requested on the reservation form, unless authorized by the lead facility trustee or their designee.
- Food and beverages in allowed in the classrooms and worship space, but must be pre-approved on the reservation request form, and a fee will be applied,
- Church equipment, such as tables and chairs, must be returned to original placement, unless arranged otherwise prior to the event. Lighting, sound, and video equipment is available, but must be operated by church personnel,
- All lights must be turned off and doors locked upon completion of event.
- A set-up and/or tear-down service is available upon request. If the event organizer whishes to do these activities themselves, the lead facility trustee will explain the requirements prior to the event.
- Abusive or foul language, violent behavior, and drug or alcohol abuse are strictly prohibited while using church facilities. Any person exhibiting such behavior will be required to leave the premise immediately.
Insurance and Indemnification
- I understand that the church does not allow its facilities to be used in a way that contradicts its faith or by persons or groups holding beliefs that contradict the church’s faith.
- To the best of my knowledge the purpose for which I am requesting use of church facilities will not contradict the church’s faith, and I commit to promptly disclose any potential conflict for which I am aware or become aware to church staff.
- I am not aware of any beliefs that are professed by me or the organization I represent and which is requesting use of the church’s facilities that contradict the beliefs of the church. I agree to promptly disclose any potential conflicts in belief to church staff.
- I understand that upon approval of my facilities use request, I will need to provide a security deposit in the amount of $100.00, which is refundable after the event if conditions of use are fully met, a certificate of insurance for at least $100,000 of coverage, and any other fees required by Haven Community Church.
- I understand that I will be responsible for any damages to the church facilities resulting from this proposed use of
- The church believes disputes are to be worked out between parties without recourse to the courts. See, generally, Matthew Chapter 18 and 1 Corinthians Chapter 6. Accordingly, users of the facility agree to attempt resolution through Christian mediation, and failing that to submit to binding arbitration through the American Arbitration Association, or any other mutually acceptable arbitration service.
- I understand that the church does not allow its facilities to be generally available to the public, and that my use of these facilities is subject to the pastor’s approval, which is conditioned in part on my agreement to the requirements in the “Church Facility Use Policy,” a copy of which I have downloaded, read, and signed.